Tuesday – 03 January 2012
I’m still trying to train my fingers to type “2012″ rather than “2011.” (Or “2112,” for that matter.)
It’s the first day back at work in two weeks. I won’t lie: There’s been some struggle in getting back into “work” mode. But, there strides have been made. I’ve even managed to accomplish a thing or two.
Yesterday afternoon and last night were – as I suspected they might be – long. After the girls’ four-month checkup (which went very well), SaraRules! and I headed to Black Water Coffee Company, to say “Hi” to Jim — our former neighborhood coffee shop owner. BWCC is the second location of Pin-up Girl Espresso… which makes it (currently) the only location, at least until IHC finishes construction of a new facility in our neighborhood. It was good to see Jim and to catch up on a few things. And, getting a frozen mocha didn’t hurt, either. As the girls started to rouse, we headed home.
Diana and Vanessa were cranky, thanks in no small part to receiving their immunizations. After trying to get Vanessa to nap around 3:00 PM, she finally nodded off around 4:30. Of course, she refused to lie down, so I wound up with on my shoulder.
On the couch.
For an hour.
Although, I was glad that she slept. She needed it, as did Diana. On the back side of the nap (and before bedtime), they were intermittently happy and fussy. And there was little to no warning as to when their moods would change. Bedtime was a welcome thing. Fortunately, the little ladies headed to The Dreaming without too much ado. They slept until almost 5:00 AM this morning, which was also quite welcome.
After feeding the girls, I went back to bed. For reasons that I have yet to figure out, let alone explain, I had Will2K stuck in my head.
Yeah. Didn’t make it easy to fall asleep. But, I did and when the 6:30 alarm went off… I ignored it. And the 7:00 alarm. And the 7:10 snooze. I finally got up at 7:30. I was good with that.
- My model railroad layout lost another 48 square feet last night. At this point, I’m not sure that I can still call it a “layout” as opposed to “that sheet of 4×8 that has a bunch of my train stuff on it.” Oh, well. This gives me an opportunity to verify all of the track sections that I have and get a better handle on what it is I want to do with it when I rebuild.
- Baby’s First Flowchart
- For SaraRules!: The Zombie Hammer, Now With Skull Ejector
- Wrong on so many levels, but funny:
- Physicists Seek to Lose the Lecture as Teaching Tool
- Genome Study Points to Adaptation in Early African-Americans
- I’m not a fan of bobble-heads, but I’d be willing to make an exception for this:
- Once the province of whites, Black South Africans embracing wine
- From the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot…?!” file: Sketching not permitted
- Hey, Anti-LEGO Feminists, “LEGO For Girls” Actually Kicks Ass