Tuesday – 19 May 2015
This morning, I managed to get out of bed once again and make it to the gym before work. This is a “good” thing, as Guys’ Night Out was moved to tonight and trying to go to the gym after that would most definitely come under the heading of “bad idea.”
Work has been decent. There’s been nothing to complain about today. I like days like that.
Shortly, I’ll head home to (help) figure out what to feed Team DiVa for dinner and then prepare to bugger off for the aforementioned Guys’ Night Out. On the way home, I might even stop at the comic shop. Because nothing says “adult” like going to the comic shop when you want to.
While I did get to the gym this morning, I was still a little slow about getting there. Nevertheless, I was there and I did my workout. #neverskipalegday
- Elliptical: 10 min/1.1 miles
- Smith squats: 3 x 8 x 115 (I think, I need to check the weight of the bar)
- Leg press: 3 x 8 x 80
- Leg extensions: 3 x 8 x 60 lbs
- Leg curls: 3 x 8 x 60
- Standing calf raises: 3 x 8 x 80
- Standing calf raises: 3 x 8 x 60
I could tell that it was a leg day when I got to work and my quads complained – just a little – all the way up the stairs. To be honest, I should: A) get to the gym earlier, and B) some lunges to my routine… despite the fact that lunges are of the Devil (…and the Devil is bad.)
- Sara shared this with me, a little while ago; it’s a good read.
United We Parent: Raising Teens and Loving It
- New Wind Turbine Generates Electricity Without Rotating Blades
- From glassdoor: 25 Best Cities for Jobs