Monday – 01 June 2015
It’s Monday. It’s the first of June. And… something something something-or-other.
There’s far too much blood in my caffeinestream for me to be writing a post this early. And it’s already been far too long of a day – I received a lovely wake up call from
room service our after-hours monitoring company at 4:15. One issue was a non-issue, according to my manager, the other was… relatively minor in my book, but still needed some attention.
An hour and change later, after getting confirmation that the alerts had cleared, I headed back to bed. In the back of my head was a notion to go to the gym. I pushed it way back. As I laid in bed, I realized a couple of distinct possibilities:
- I could fall asleep, just in time for my alarm to go off, or
- I might not fall asleep and just get steadily more irritable at not being able to sleep.
I got up and went to the gym. I have to say that it was more crowded at 6 AM than I expected – the ellipticals were almost all in use and the treadmills appeared to be equally employed. So, I skipped cardio today.
But, I didn’t skip doing my leg workout. One of these days, when I’m a bit more coherent – or, Heaven forbid, I actually plan it out the night before – I’ll add a couple of things to my leg routine. Since I was early (and also because I missed a few days last week with st00pid work issues and/or a sick kid), I went ahead and did my chest and biceps routine.
Back home, started waking up Team DiVa – Vanessa requested We Will Rock You (so she could sing to it) and Diana, much to my surprise, requested Because the Night, by Patti Smith… and to my greater surprise: started singing it! Yep, that’s my kid. After that, it was shower time and
I just want to go back to bed getting dressed and ready for the day time.
Let’s see what the day brings.
Today was a double-workout day:
- Leg Press: 3 x 8 x 100 lbs (because I didn’t think to go do squats on the Smith rack)
- Leg Press: 3 x 8 x 80 lbs
- Leg Extensions: 3 x 8 x 60 lbs
- Leg Curls: 3 x 8 x 65 lbs
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 x 8 x 100 lbs
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 x 8 x 80 lbs
- Bench Press: 3 x 8 x 115 lbs
- Decline Press: 3 x 8 x 95 lbs
- Dumbbell Fly: 3 x 8 x 20 lbs
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 x 8 x 25 lbs
- Barbell Curls: 3 x 8 x 40 lbs
- Dumbbell Curls: 3 x 8 x 25 lbs
- Wrist Curls (fwd): 3 x 8 x 40
- Wrist Curls (rev): 3 x 8 x 40
And it was good.
- Over the weekend, Sara! and I watched John Woo’s The Killer. It made me realize just how long it’s been since I’d watched a John Woo film…
- Confession: I now own all of the currently-available Marvel figures for Disney Infinity.
- Sara introduced Team DiVa to Star Wars, by way of Vader’s Little Princess this weekend.
- The Single Ladies – DuckTales mashup makes my inner fiend grin.
I should probably figure out what I want to do for lunch…