Friday – 06 February 2015
My niece, Grace, turned seven today:
Team DiVa and I got to talk with her – and her sisters, my sister and brother-in-law, and my dad – over Skype this evening. I believe that it was one of the most engaged conversations that DiVa has had over Skype.
Other things that made today good:
- Post-work/post-daycare with Team DiVa.
- An end-of-the-work-day chat with Sara!.
- Introducing Team DiVa to Undercova Funk before bedtime.
- Learning that Sana Amanat, former editor and co-creator of the new Ms. Marvel, got what are colloquially referred to as “big ups” as she was named Marvel’s new Director of Content and Character Development.
- Conversations about fashion and style with a trio of coworkers.
- A discussion with a coworker about my standing desk, her pilgrimage o The Garden of Sweden to acquire one… and the confused looks on the employees’ faces as they showed her their standing desk (much more expensive) and she kept telling them “That’s not it.”
Things that did not make the day good:
- Yet another email spam/virus outbreak at work. (Fortunately, we caught it quickly and got ahead of it before it became too widespread.)
- Not getting to eat lunch because of the above.
On the whole, I’d call the day a “Win.”
- I am running a nominally Valentine’s Day-themed tournament tomorrow. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of teams my players bring.
- I should comb through the various and sundry links that I’ve posted here, see if the links are still active, determine if I still care about them, and pin the worthy on Pinterest.
- I may even move The Covet List from an Amazon Wish List over to Pinterest, as well.
- The Pro Dumpster Diver Who’s Making Thousands Off America’s Biggest Retailers
- It may just be the way I’m wired, but I’m not sure that I entirely agree with How Often You Really Need to Shower (According to Science)
- Speaking of which, how often do you wipe down your kitchen counters?
- Marvel, in other news, also announced a new book, spinning out of the upcoming Secret Wars: An all-female team of Avengers.
- And, before I forget: Someone at DC seems to have had a rectal craniotomy and decided to make Starfire a little more palatable/accessible to readers, including those who mostly/only knew of her from the Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! cartoons.
- I might actually be one step closer to running a new Shadowrun campaign.
Time to find something to do now that Team DiVa has finally knocked out for the night.