Saturday – 28 January 2017
Happy Chinese New Year!
Another week comes to a close. Between being sick earlier in the week, having a vmware host decide to go on break – and take a few servers with it – in the middle of a workday, and the political shenanigans that have been going on here in the U.S., I can honestly say that I’m glad to have it in the rear-view mirror (or back-up camera, for some of you).
This isn’t to say that the week hasn’t been without its bright spots. Thankfully, there have been a few.
- There’s a Wire Above Manhattan That You’ve Probably Never Noticed
That’s right: Life-sized, LEGO-like building blocks. This could be both fun and dangerous…
- If You Have a Twisted Sense of Humor, It’s Probably Because You’re a Cool, Chill Genius
- Last weekend, Team DiVa spent the night at their grandparents’ house. On the way home the next day, they were telling us about some of the things they did. This included recounting one of the episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic that they watched. They told how a “dragon-chicken” (not to be confused with a dragonmouse™) had attacked the ponies’ village and “turned some of them a different color and made them freeze.” This struck a chord with me and I did a quick search on Google for “dragon chicken my little pony” and it returned this picture:
I showed it to the ladies and they confirmed that it was, in fact the creature from the cartoon. A cockatrice. Thank you, Magic: the
“Dragon-chicken,” by the way, became this week’s favorite new word.
- How Author Timothy Tyson Found the Woman at the Center of the Emmett Till Case
- I’m going to lump this next block of links together:
- This Gaming Dice Soap Has Actual Dice Inside
- She turned her dad’s 50-year-old FBI file into a stunning work of art
- I learned new-to-me things about The Band’s The Weight this weekend.
And that’s all for now.