Friday – 21 April 2017
Another week comes to an end.
And, apparently, it’s been a month since I dusted off the trusty blog. I really need to get better about this…
In short: It’s been a good – and eventful – month. The highlights of the month include, but are not limited to:
- Going on a business trip.
- Surprising my parents by showing up on their doorstep on the first leg of the trip.
- Meeting some new coworkers on the trip.
- Getting to visit with my uncle towards the end of the trip.
- Coming down with some travel-related bug that had me down for almost a week.
- The start of baseball season and the O’s getting off to a great start. Hopefully, they’ll keep some of this momentum through the season.
- Meeting a Twitter and Facebook friend.
- TRAINS! Well, getting to head up to the train.. museum(?)… and one of my favorite train shops.
- Traveling to Boise to visit family and friends over Easter.
- Watching Team DiVa hunt for Easter eggs while we were gone and seeing their surprise at discovering that the Easter Bunny had apparently left Easter baskets for them at our home while we were out of town.
I’m sure that I’m leaving more than “a couple” things out, but all-in-all, it really has been a good month.
- Free Posters Celebrating Mighty Women in Science
- The Cult of Ignorance in the United States: Anti-intellectualism and the “dumbing down” of America
- 11 Stereotypical Roles Offered to Black Men in Hollywood
- I’ve been doing (almost) daily coffee pictures on my Instagram feed for the past few months. Friday, I posted this picture:
which was 100% inspired by the cover of The Fearless Defenders #1:
I don’t think that I can really claim not to be a comics/action figure geek – as if that was possible – but I was rather pleased with how it turned out.
- Have An Airline Complaint? Don’t Call the Airline – Tell the Department of Transportation
- The Incomparable Difference Between Whitewashing and Racebending
- These Rare Color Photos from the Second World War Are Incredible
- 13 Things LEGO Bricks Taught Us About Life
- The KKK and Baseball History
And with that…
So Long, Farewell, Goodbye.
(Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, not “The Sound of Music”)