Wednesday – 03 June 2015
It’s a sunny #NBNThursdayEve in the Land Behind the Zion Curtain.
Last night, I was putting Team DiVa to bed and, as they were getting into bed, they reminded me that “…we didn’t do a special story,” which is how I referred to Monday night’s D&D-style story. We spent the next ten minutes spinning a tale of their new adventure. (Yes, this made my inner #geekdad grin like a fiend.) They went to bed; I went to pick up this week’s comics. Win-Win.
I managed to make it to the gym this morning… after oversleeping. But, I went. I had a decent workout. Back home to help get Team DiVa ready for the day and out the door. And to get me ready and out the door, too.
Work’s been good and there haven’t been any major monkey wrenches thrown into my day, so I consider those all positive things.
- Elliptical: 5 minutes/ 0.55 miles
- Lat pulldown (wide grip): 3 x 8 x 70
- Lat pulldown (short grip): 3 x 8 x 70
- Dorsi Flexor row: 3 x 8 x 75
- Row: 3 x 8 x 70
- Standing tricep pulldown (rope): 3 x 8 x 70
- Standing tricep press: 3 x 8 x 70
- The balloon art of Masayoshi Matsumoto
- Samuel L. Jackson Is Not in ‘Captain America: Civil War’ and He Doesn’t Know Why
To TPTB at Marvel: Fix. This. Now.
- TIL that Jack Kirby – yes, that Jack Kirby – worked on production design on Thundarr the Barbarian.
- I also learned that the character was created by Steve Gerber, creator of Howard the Duck and the guy who resurrected the Guardians of the Galaxy property at Marvel.
- The Iceman List: Classic movie antagonists who were actually pretty much right the entire time
- ‘Suit Up’: NASA Documentary Celebrates 50 Years of U.S. Spacewalks
Moving on doesn’t mean neglecting my past.
I like it. It strikes me as an interesting corollary to a couple lines from Time Stand Still by Rush:
I’m not looking back
But I want to look around me now