Sunday – 10 July 2011
This has been a good weekend. It’s also been rather productive, as well.
Yesterday morning, SaraRules! and I woke up at ridiculous o’clock to meet up with Angy and
Our destination: Young Living Lavender Farm
Our reason: The 2011 Lavender 5K Race.
This was the second year that SaraRules! and I have done the race… and this time, she was doing it while seven months pregnant…
…so, as expected, our times were a little slower than last year. But, we finished:
Name Bib No Chip Time Gun Time Pace Sara 473 1:08:15.5 1:09:21.6 21:57/M Angy 44 1:08:16.1 1:09:21.1 21:57/M Robert 462 1:08:16.5 1:09:21.4 21:57/M
While we were taking it slow,
Dave 147 31:59.1 32:18.0 10:17/M
Yeah, “slightly” faster. All told, it was a fun way to kick off the day – if WAAAAY earlier than normal. We came home and had some downtime before doing work around the house. And we wound up the evening with Resident Evil. Mmm, pre-bed zombies.
Friday, I managed to drag myself out of the house and get to the gym. I got in a decent workout:
- Elliptical: 15 minutes, ~5.7 MPH
- Bench Press: 3 sets/8 reps, 155 lbs
- Sit-ups (incline): 3 sets/15 reps
- Curls (dumbells, seated): 3 sets/10 reps, 25 lbs
- Shoulder Press (dumbbells, seated): 3 sets/10 reps, 35 lbs
- Tricep Press: 3 sets/15 reps, 50 lbs
…and my stomach is still feeling those sit-ups.
- On Friday, NASA completed the last launch of the Space Shuttle program – STS-135 saw Space Shuttle Atlantis take to space. As it was my day off, I watched the event.
I don’t recall if I saw the first shuttle launch, although I’m fairly certain that I did. I remember the Challenger and Columbia accidents. I’m not sure what lies ahead for NASA and the American space program, but I’m waiting to see what what they come up with and where we go.
- 30 Comic-Con exclusive toys you’ll sell your organs for
- From the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot…?!” file:
- Bachmann Believes Black People Were Better Off During Slavery?
- The Seattle Police Department Is “Very Embarrassed” After Leaving Unattended Semi-Automatic Rifle on Trunk of Patrol Car
- New Dallas series given go-ahead
- I Was Absent That Day