Wednesday – 26 October 2016
Today marked my successful completion of another orbit of the sun while, simultaneously, eluding the grasp of The Dark Lady. In accordance with International Robert Neal Days past, I took today off from work. I also took the rest of the week off… because.
The past week was full. I don’t mean that in the sense of “I had so many things going on,” although, that’s not untrue. I mean it in the sense that I got to spend much of the week in the company of some rather fantastic people. The week started with breakfast with my high school classmate, James, and his family…
…then there was stuff and things in the middle of the week (mostly work)…
…capped off with a co-birthday celebration on Saturday with Alex and some of our friends. And if I want to extrapolate a bit and add this past Sunday, there was dinner with the in-laws AND Sara’s grandmother.
It was a good week. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if there had been members of my side of the family involved. (There’s a tentative “something” in the works for Thanksgiving along those lines…)
Today was a quiet day; Sara and the girls let me sleep in. And I did. Then, I proceeded to spend a leisurely day full of… well… a lot of nothing. And it was perfect. Later, Sara and the girls came home and took me to dinner at the local Outback Steakhouse. We then came home for cake and presents. The ladies got me a humidor and a box of RubySnap cookies. Win-Win! I wound up the evening (so far) with a cigar, some whiskey, and an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. There may even be some videogaming to close out the day.
Hello, 46. I look forward to getting to know more about you.
- This doesn’t really need an introduction:
- Dad Turns His 6-Year-Old Son’s Drawings Into Reality
- The Chicago Cubs won the NL pennant on Saturday, for the first time since 1945. Alex (mentioned above) is from Chicago and a Cubs fan; watching her watch Saturday night’s game was interesting. The win was a wonderful early birthday present for her. But, there are a lot of things that have happened since the Cubs last won the pennant:
- Tech’s gender gap is getting worse, not better, report says
- I voted last week. I can officially stop paying attention to campaign pablum.
- I just confirmed that my ballot has been received.
- Titanfall 2 drops (no pun intended) on Friday. That might be another birthday present to myself. Now, I just need to figure out PC or console…
- Skateboarding in an abandoned nuclear missile silo