Friday – 31 July 2015
It’s been a few NBN Thursdays – and Fridays – since my last post. Figured I should get back to it.
At the beginning of the month, we went on vacation. It was a greatly needed break from the norm, for the most part. The parts where the girls got sick, we could have probably done without, though. But, seeing new family, old friends, and other relations was good. Highlights of the trip included (but were not limited to):
- A family reunion
- Seeing my parents
- Team DiVa’s first fireworks display
- Team DiVa playing with cousins they don’t get to see very often, other than on Skype or FaceTime
- Setting off the alarm at my mother’s house – twice – prompting a visit from the sheriff’s department
- Taking Team DiVa to the National Aquarium in Baltimore and the Greensboro Science Center
- Seeing another high school classmate for the first time since graduation
- Surprising my aunt – on her 60th wedding anniversary, no less – with an impromptu reunion of some of the kids she used to babysit and our kids
- Catching up with friends
- The very serendipitous meeting up with another friend, while stopped at a traffic light
Yes, there were a few so lowlights – what trip doesn’t have something go not-as-right as it could – but why dwell on the negatives?
All-in-all it was a decent trip and we all survived. I’d call that a “win.”
This will be coming under a separate post. I’ve got a plethora of backfill to cover.
For now, though, let me just say that I am still not a fan of lunges, which I did yesterday. And my glutes are “thanking” me for today.
- Enough, Already: Stop Pushing Your Gendered Crap on My Son
- 10 Books You Pretend to Have Read (And Why You Should Really Read Them)
I’ve read two… and got 100 pages into Cryptonomicron before calling it quits.
- Secret of Qwerty is a ‘typing RPG’ that will steal your whole afternoon
- Meeting Notes
- Disney Releasing a 12-Disc Hayao Miyazaki Blu-Ray Box Set in November